Thursday, December 12, 2013

"Christmas time is here"

          The last time I wrote I was in the middle of a very busy week. I was travelling everyday about 35 minutes to a nearby town named Aszód. For the whole week I was asked to put together music for a week of evangelism in a reformed church. What a privilege and what a challenge! I chose the music, put different groups together to join me, and made more sandwiches than I ever have before. God is faithful and brought me through that week just like He has before and will continue to in the future. 

fake smiles but real good times :)
          I also got the opportunity to travel to Magyaralmás with the Sing Team one last time before break. The local TV was there and even the mayor of the town! The students went on their break at the end of that week, the 29th. My roommate went off to Poland. Me? I tried resting but I find it doesn't suit me just yet. I went on ministry to a reformed elementary school in Újszilvás. I sang, shared about what Christmas is like in the States, and reconnected with a wonderful young lady that I met in spring.           
          So now I am here in this big apartment all alone, relishing times when the sun shows its face, loving the beautiful sunsets that fade too fast, and enjoying the times I get to spend with the Lord. I have work to do still, of course. I am working on the music for the upcoming mission's conference in January. The theme is "His Last Command, Our First Concern" which comes from the Great Commission in Matthew 28. The speaker that we have this year is John Barnett, a real treat and honor for us here. 
I have my own bedroom for the first time ever!
           Crafts and sewing, podcasts, running, laying low, choosing music–this is my life right now. It seems simple, but I really should me making decisions about what is next. If you feel so compelled, I really need prayer in this area. I would like to know by February exactly what I will be doing in the summer and fall, preparing for the next step the Lord has for me. 

Újszilvás ministry
          I think it's something like three weeks before the students get back to school. The time couldn't go 
fast enough! I'm ready to be serving in full
capacity again, making the trek to campus everyday. But first there is Christmas and New Year's and all that jazz. It goes fast, right?!
          Many blessings to you all this season. I hope there are opportunities to share the meaning of Christmas and what Jesus came into this world to do for mankind–save us from our sin and
redeem us back to the Father.

Psalm 130:5-6
"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
    and in his word I hope;
 My soul waits for the Lord            
     more than watchmen for the morning,
     more than watchmen for the morning."


Szent István Basilica

Holly Berries ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment