Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Amelia Sent me Socks!!!!

So many crazies after lunch(:

A whole eleven beautiful, magnificent, marvelous days have gone by since I have written. I promise I'll get good at this at some point in my life.
Last Thursday, the 20th, was a day without school for us here at the BI. Instead of being at school for five hours I spent my whole day practicing six Hungarian songs for about six and a half hours. Although they were two very long practices (with a lunch in between, of course), I am grateful for the time the group spent together. My throat was giving out on me because of the freezing cold and from the singing. Friday was a three hour practice and Saturday as well. Sunday morning at about 6:45 in the morning I headed over to the meeting hall 15 seconds from my dorm to meet the rest of the "Sing Team" and drive out to a little town about an hour away from Toalmas called something with a V. We made it safely there but when I was helping unpack the car I realized our tire was flat. Mal. But thankfully we were already there and someone from the church helped fix it. For the first service we sang three songs throughout the time. Then we had lunch. YUM. For the second service at 2:30 I sang "His Eye is on the Sparrow" and then we sang two other Hungarian songs. After the service we packed up and ate some more (YUM) and had fellowship with the people there and then made it home before dinner on campus! Monday started a class on the study of 1 John. Our teacher is from Long Beach but works at the Dallas Seminary and is quite entertaining at times.
This weekend I am planning on going to Prague and Vienna with the Brazilian girls and boys. Gotta love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment